Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pouches

Last night I have marked up all the panels for the pouches in 2B pencil to make my seaming easier and more accurate. I also added interfacing on all the panels (but only one set of interfacing per pouch). The interfacing is only on the panels themselves and not on the seam areas, that would make the seams hard to turn out and very bulky. I have also pre-pressed the panels, especially the ones with the interfacing.

Photo of the front and backs of the panels to show how the interfacing was ironed-on.

Close up of the panels.

I would have gone further except for two little issues:

1. I realised I didn't have the 1.5" Velcro at home for the tabs. Purchase of more Velcro will have to wait till I can get into town on Friday.

2. I didn't know if the seam was needed on the outside of the flap of the pouch to where the Velcro goes. After posting a question to BSN, I found I need to have the seam visible on the top of the flap to be screen accurate. That does make it easier to sew. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment