Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cummerbund

After a bit of tinkering with the pattern, I have made my cummerbund. It is tailored to a more feminine figure to result in a cummerbund that fits to my shape, but also doesn't have lots of excess material making me look like Michelin Man, and makes the cummerbund look more like the screen one on me. The taper along the upper waist will be hidden by the pouches. The bust area is hidden under the armour.

The cummerbund is made of a double layer duck cotton and a dense iron-on wadding in between.



I have already cut the fabric for the pouches and all I need to do now is sew them and attach them to the cummerbund.


One thing I almost forgot to mention. Prior to sewing, I washed and pressed the duck cotton to get the starch out and allow the fabric to look like it has been worn at least once. It also means it takes the shape that I am trying to get it into better, which will be important with the pouches.

No comments:

Post a Comment